Tuesday 28 September 2010

C&G Photography Course - Units of Study

7512-92 Level 2 Certificate in Digital Image Manipulation 120 GLH / 16 credits
Unit 206 Principles of Photo Image Capture
Unit 215 Digital Image Manipulation

Depending on time constraints, I may in due course consider adding some/all of the following units: 205, 209, 208, 207.

As I am relatively new to digital photography and only have a basic compact camera (Fujifilm Finepix Z100fd), my aim on the course is simply to improve the quality of the photos that I take and also to learn more about manipulation techniques (using Photoshop Elements 8).  I am also hoping for some useful guidance in ultimately purchasing an appropriate dSLR as this will be a major investment for me.

In terms of subject material, my principal interests are:
The natural world - from land/seascapes to close ups of texture and detail
Heritage - both rural and industrial (I really must join the National Trust!).

No comments:

Post a Comment